Controlling the Container thru the UI

Topics: Writing modules
Developer
Nov 12, 2011 at 9:33 PM

Hey Chaps,

Let me put this scenario out there.. I have a Series Item, and an Episode Item, is there a way to say that a series is a container of Episode thru the UI?

NGM

Nov 12, 2011 at 10:38 PM

Is there any reason why container / containable doesn't work for this?

Alternately, there's Mechanics, you just create SeriesToEpisode and EpisodeToSeries connectors...

Developer
Nov 12, 2011 at 10:51 PM

Container and Containable is a start though the UI is not how I want it. I think im just being fussy - Hmm!! need to give it more thought :)

NGM

Nov 12, 2011 at 11:47 PM

Why kind of UI are you after? This is basically why I wrote Mechanics, to allow more flexibility in relationships and their UIs.

Developer
Nov 13, 2011 at 12:50 PM
Edited Nov 13, 2011 at 12:51 PM

What I am aiming for is for me to beable to have two selectboxes on my screen, ideally two fields, and they relate to two types, one to a programme and one to a series.

I then want to say, when I select a Series from the dropdown it will then get all programmes for that series.

Does Mechanics do this?

I would have liked to have used the taxonomy module for this, but it doesnt do quite what I want.

Nov 14, 2011 at 10:54 AM

So is this some kind of front-end search page?

Mechanics won't do this without some work, but it'd be possible to build this feature using the API.

Just at the moment I'm working on some better search and filtering UI that could eventually make this quite easy.