Disable "Dynamic Module" Loader

Topics: Core, Customizing Orchard, Troubleshooting
Nov 11, 2011 at 9:31 PM

Is there a simple/easy way to disable the "Dynamic Module" Loader. I am moving my modules up to winhost,.com, when is gets up there I have issues around the dynamic compilation. I would rather compile on my dev workstation and move the module up and have orchard use the compile assemblies in /bin. I has it working on 1.2 by not moving up a .csproj but 1.3 seems to behave differently.

-Dave

Coordinator
Nov 11, 2011 at 9:44 PM

What issues, and how is it behaving differently?

Nov 11, 2011 at 9:48 PM

Even if I remove the csproj file in my module it still tries to compile it dynamically per the dependencies.compiled.xml file and does not use the files in the bin folder...

-Dave

Coordinator
Nov 11, 2011 at 10:01 PM

How would it even know what to compile if there is no csproj?

Nov 11, 2011 at 10:33 PM

Ok, you got me there... there is still something up that I haven't figured out. More directly tho, is there a way for me to rule out the dynamic loader by turning it off. There is no real reason for me to dynamically compile ever up there...

-Dave

Coordinator
Nov 11, 2011 at 10:47 PM

One could argue reversely that there is no good reason *not* to do the dynamic compilation. What are those issues you've had?

We used to have a supported way of suspending dynamic compilation but I think we removed it since, because the last known issues with it were solved.