custom theme manifest not found

Topics: Customizing Orchard, Writing themes
Nov 9, 2011 at 10:28 PM

I'm trying to create a create a simple custom theme that derives from theme machine.  managed to create a deriviative theme from some command line tool and created a nupkg file that basically only has the one style sheet.  Ideally I'd like to be able to edit the css and rezip it up change the file extension and upload it to test it.  the site is in azure and ideally will only be using the released version off the orchard site w/o any customizations.  anyway when I upload the nupkg it blows up saying there isn't a manifest file but there is?  and I'm not sure how to fix it? 

I can send some one the nupkg file to look at if that helps but I'm just at a loose and this is one of two issues I need to fix to go live....

Coordinator
Nov 9, 2011 at 10:37 PM

You don't upload module or theme packages to Azure. You add them locally and then repackage the whole site for publication on Azure. It's all explained in the documentation.

Nov 9, 2011 at 11:53 PM

The online steps are far too complex for me to follow and included some command line stuff. I finally got it to work, seems windows creates an extra folder by default so once that was removed and the content moved up a level in the nupkg then the file uploaded to azure fine and the theme showed up.  certainly to do a theme I don't wnat to have to set up all that just to upload a new azure package.  just using the default one for hte current release and uploading a theme is much easier. 

Coordinator
Nov 10, 2011 at 1:22 AM

The problem is that if the instance recycles, your theme goes down the drain. If that is too complex, maybe Azure is not the right hosting solution for you?

Nov 10, 2011 at 8:09 PM

hm... thats not good.  I guess I've used azure before just buildng in visual studio and uploading, its just I have a hard time if there is anything special I need todo such as configuration or cmd line stuff for anything.  Its hard enough just writing my own code and keeping track of how complex that is.  I guess though I'll need todo this to get hte theme to stay.