Modifying Route Path in Admin Editor

Topics: Customizing Orchard
Nov 3, 2011 at 5:40 PM

I am sure I am missing something really basic, but I just can't put my finger on it.

I have a content type, called house, that is routable. I want to adjust the URL just like it is being done in Blogs so that when creating or editing the route it doesn't appear in the base URL but its own url.{slug}

In this case, however, I am just arbitrarily specifying "houses" and it is not based on another part.

How do I get the editor to add "houses" in the URL for this content type?

Nov 3, 2011 at 6:19 PM

You need a container content item, which is routable itself. And before editing, assign the Common.Container property of the house to it.

Nov 3, 2011 at 6:47 PM

Alternatively, you can try my Plumbing module. It has a replacement for Routable that allows more advanced settings, one of which is "Base Route" - so you could set /houses as the base route for the "House" content type.

It's part of the Mechanics module at - you should use the latest version from the repository there, I haven't updated the gallery packages lately and there have been quite a few bugs fixed (and yes, I really should update them on the gallery...)

Nov 6, 2011 at 3:56 AM

Thanks. I figured it out!