CSS, Javascript and Razor view editor

Topics: Administration, Announcements, Writing modules, Writing themes
Nov 3, 2011 at 5:42 AM
Edited Nov 8, 2011 at 1:50 PM

Iv'e released a new module at Orchard Gallery, that let you edit Css and Razor views from backend.
It uses Ajax to load and save data to prevent loosing the line your edit.

I will add a colorized textarea like CodeMirror or if I find anyone that colorize Razor views in a future release.
You can find the module here: http://orchardproject.net/gallery/List/Modules/Orchard.Module.M33.SystemEditor/1.3.9 or in your gallery.

Coordinator
Nov 3, 2011 at 5:43 AM

Very cool!

Nov 3, 2011 at 9:45 AM

Yeah.. Thank's :-)

I also added Javascript and Codemirror that colorize the code. 

Developer
Nov 3, 2011 at 11:56 AM

Nice module. Can be really useful.

It would be great if the Shape Tracing module could allow to edit the views so easily.

Some suggestions : 
You should place the Menu as a sub menu of 'Themes' instead of 'Configuration' (or a local sub menu in the tabs of the section Themes).

It could be interesting to be able to manage the other kinds of files :

- Edit the placement.info

- Manage the scripts : Edit, Add, Upload

- Manage the contents : images, ...

- Make a screenshot of a page and use it as screenshot.png for the theme.

- Switch to edit the other themes installed ?

Nov 3, 2011 at 5:11 PM

Hello agriffard. Yes, I will probably add the menu as tabs on themes.
I added a scripteditor today and also a possibility to create files.
It's easy to add Placement.info so I can do that. Maybe also the Theme.txt!
Strange that you mention the screenshot function, I have that in thought already.

Cheers!

Coordinator
Nov 3, 2011 at 7:22 PM

I think you should use a ShapeBindingProvider to provide shape overrides dynamically, which would also work on farms.

The templates would be created in db, and it also works with resources as they also are shapes.

And use codemirror, plus the razor syntax highlighting I have done for Shape Tracing.

Nov 3, 2011 at 8:01 PM

Hi Sebastian. I also thought of having all template in database, to let it be saved and not publiched immediately.
But I dont see how I can use the ShapeBindingProvider to serve theme files. Maybe you can point me in a direction here. I'm also new to Orchard and want to keep things simple at first.
I sertainley will look into the razor highlightning.

Nov 4, 2011 at 5:15 AM

Awesome!  Just a suggestion of something to look into, I've been planning on working on something like this and evaluating cloud9.  I'm not sure how great it is for integrating into 3rd party platforms, but playing around with it on http://c9.io/ (their hosted solution), it's pretty badass.  Not sure if anyone has implemented razor support yet. Thanks!

Nov 4, 2011 at 6:45 AM
agriffard wrote:

Nice module. Can be really useful.

It would be great if the Shape Tracing module could allow to edit the views so easily.

Some suggestions : 
You should place the Menu as a sub menu of 'Themes' instead of 'Configuration' (or a local sub menu in the tabs of the section Themes).

It could be interesting to be able to manage the other kinds of files :

- Edit the placement.info

- Manage the scripts : Edit, Add, Upload

- Manage the contents : images, ...

- Make a screenshot of a page and use it as screenshot.png for the theme.

- Switch to edit the other themes installed ?

Added som new features today. Now it's possible to edit Theme.txt and Placement.info and also upload new Theme and ThemeZone images.

Developer
Nov 8, 2011 at 10:42 AM

Great.

If you make the last effort to generate the .po file with the Translation Manager (Vandelay module) and submit it to http://orchardproject.net/localize, I'd be glad to translate the resources into French.

For 1.4 may be ;-)

Nov 8, 2011 at 11:18 AM

Yes, of course, I will do that as soon I think it's done and no more updates are needed.
//Rickard

Feb 20, 2013 at 9:38 PM
I'm trying to download 1.4.3 module from:
https://gallery.orchardproject.net/Package/Edit/Orchard.Module.M33.SystemEditor/1.4.3

but i get an "Access denied" error, i'm of course a registered and approved user.

The www.m33.se site and mail server are both down, so i can't contact Rickard Agnusson.

Any ideas?

Thank in advance.