input-validation-error

Topics: Customizing Orchard, Troubleshooting, Writing modules
Nov 2, 2011 at 9:54 PM

I sucessfully created a widget. Created a Page, Added a layer for that page, now I am adding the widget to the layer. I fill out all the fields on the widget and get ready to publish (save). As soon as I hit save I get a validation error at the top pertaining to the title text box on the widget layer i am filling out.

However, there is no message in validation error. Just a single RED line all the way across the top of the page. The Title text box is highlighted indicating there is something wrong. But I get NO message. No text telling me what is wrong. The page/widget layer will not publish. WTF? I uninstalled the Widget. Re installed the Widget. Same Problem. Tried it with the HTML Widget. No problem. The page publishes fine. How can I find out what the error is? It is obviously something about the TITLE Textbox field. I even looked at it with FIREBUG and there is no code or error message in the < input-validation-error text-box single-line> section of the view source. Anyone else having this problem??

Oceantrain

Nov 3, 2011 at 12:52 PM

Can you give some more information, e.g. what parts are in the widget, any custom code you've added, what the name of widget is, etc? Also, check your debug and error logs (App_Data/Logs) to see if any exceptions are being caught along the pipeline.

Nov 3, 2011 at 7:25 PM

Yeah there were 4 error logs from this. They were all blank. I just created the widget like I always do by following the tutorials on the Orchard site. I did not add any custom code whatsoever. The only thing I can think of is, in the Migration file, when I updated it to a widget, I added WithPart("TitlePart") to the widget. Which ended up giving me 2 title fields on the widget. Turns out I only needed 1. The small one that is already there. I did not need to add a Long Title field at the top of the widget page. That's the only thing I can think of. I am currently rewriting the widget from scratch. Hoping this error will stop.

Nov 3, 2011 at 7:49 PM

WidgetPart already has a title field, so you don't need TitlePart. Have you removed TitlePart from it now?

Nov 3, 2011 at 7:58 PM

I did remove the title part then I updated the Migration file using the update method from the tutorials. It still was there. It never got removed.

Nov 3, 2011 at 8:17 PM

That's either a bug, or you did something wrong (if you post your Migration code I can check)