Dlls not found after solution clean - and prevention

Topics: General, Troubleshooting, Writing modules
Developer
Nov 2, 2011 at 6:07 PM
Edited Nov 7, 2011 at 8:37 PM

Today I noticed (it took fairly long) that after the Orchard solution is cleaned, references to the Orchard.Core and Orchard.Framework assemblies from modules are not found. I guess this is because the references point to the respective dlls, which are not present after cleaning and before the first build (these references were added by the command line module code generator).

Now the lack of the dlls causes warnings and sometimes one has to start building the project multiple times till the dlls get created, the warnings go away and the build can eventually succeed.

It's more problematic when this happens on the deployed site: somehow, although the whole solution was successfully built, these dlls are sometimes not found (strangely the modules that cause the error are not always the same) and the deployed site emits a warning.

The whole problem could be circumvented if the references point to the projects Orchard.Core and Orchard.Framework, not directly to the assemblies. Was it a design decision to reference the dlls directly?

Coordinator
Nov 7, 2011 at 8:03 PM

Can you please file a bug?

Developer
Nov 7, 2011 at 8:43 PM

Sure, I've made it here.

Coordinator
Nov 7, 2011 at 8:53 PM

Thanks.