How to add user registration to a specific page?

Topics: Customizing Orchard
Nov 1, 2011 at 7:25 PM

I have several pages which don't need authentication but once a certain tab in the main menu is selected a user first needs to register or log in before being able to see the content of that page?

Coordinator
Nov 1, 2011 at 7:55 PM

Did you try this: http://orchardproject.net/gallery/List/Modules/Orchard.Module.Downplay.Quanta ?

Nov 1, 2011 at 8:13 PM

Isn't there a standard solution? I mean in ASP.NET it's being done via a <location> tag in the web.config and exclude anonymous users. I would expect something like this to be standard in Orchard itself no?

Coordinator
Nov 1, 2011 at 8:28 PM

In Orchard, *everything* is done through modules. Some come in the default distribution, some don't, depending on how mainstream the scenario they solve is. The default distribution tries to only include what is going to be absolutely necessaray to most if not all sites. Even search is not in there by default. Content-item-level permissions are not *that* common. I hope that helps.

Nov 2, 2011 at 10:21 AM

Hi,

thanks for the explanation. I just found it strange but I'm getting my feet wet with Orchard as we speak and still have a lot to cover I guess.