Error adding contact form module

Topics: Installing Orchard
Oct 25, 2011 at 8:01 PM
Edited Oct 25, 2011 at 8:02 PM

Hi,

I signed up for an account at DiscountASP.net and added the Orchard CMS from the available options at that site. Everything OK so far. then I created a site, changed the template and edited the home page. Also OK so far. web site works great.

When I tried to add the contact form modules from the Orchard dashboard they aren't added. The error meassge below the module say the following

Messaging

• Contact Form

Description for feature CyberStride.Contacts.

Depends on:

• Missing:

• Orchard.Messaging 
  • Contact us

Adds a contact us page to your website.

Depends on:

Missing:

• Orchard.Email 

Both modules couldn't install because of missing dependencies I assume. When I loaded up an FTP to look at the log files I noticed that there are dozens of them there but they are all empty. Their length is 0

Coordinator
Oct 25, 2011 at 8:11 PM

Yes: you need to install Orchard.Messaging and Orchard.Email first. If you have 0 length files there, it means that your upload failed. You should retry.

Oct 25, 2011 at 8:57 PM

I don't see these DLLs anywhere on my local installation or Orchard in any Bin directories. Where can I find these two DLLs?

Also when I mentioned that the files have a zero legth I meant the log files that are created by Orchard under /orchard/App_Data/Logs. why would these all be zero length?

thx...

Oct 25, 2011 at 9:08 PM

hey I see that DiscountASP.net installed a much older version of Orchard. I think the Core DLL was verion 1.1.3.  I'm going research upgrading and do that first.

I've downloaded the latest files from Codeplex but still don't see Orchard.Messaging or Orchard.Email anywhere.

Coordinator
Oct 25, 2011 at 9:24 PM

The modules are on the gallery. The zero size log files were a bug in 1.1 that we fixed a long time ago. What dlls?

Oct 25, 2011 at 9:33 PM

From the error messages posted above I'm looking for Orchard.Messenging  and also Orchard.Email.  Those are the two that are referenced when the installation of the two Contact modules where attempted.

Coordinator
Oct 25, 2011 at 10:03 PM

Yes, they are on the gallery, as I said.