How to correctly add and configure Orchard.SSL module?

Topics: Administration, Customizing Orchard, General, Writing modules
Oct 25, 2011 at 8:52 AM
Edited Oct 25, 2011 at 8:53 AM

Hello!

I added Orchard.SSL module to my site and checked "Enable SSL on authentication pages" and "Enable SSL on all administration pages" in Dashboard->Settings->SSL Settings.

After this I cannot open dashboard.Now what I will do for access to dashboard? 

Coordinator
Oct 25, 2011 at 5:24 PM

It might be that you have no SSL certificate configured. You can disable the mofule by renaming the Module.txt file to anything else like _Module.txt.

Oct 26, 2011 at 11:16 AM

I disabled Orchard.SSL module.Thaks!

I tried to configure SSL certificate.But could not.How I can correctly configure SSL certificate?How to use Orchard.SSL module?

Coordinator
Oct 26, 2011 at 3:17 PM

You just need to enable the module to have it working, nothing more to dp. But your certificate must be correctly installed and working. For this you can do a google search, it's out of Orchard's scope, more like IIS configuration.

Mar 18, 2012 at 10:36 AM

I found Working with SSL at Development Time is easier with IISExpress tremendously useful in setting up SSL in VS/IIS Express.

Jul 31, 2013 at 7:49 PM
In the newer version of Orchard (1.6) how do I disable the SSL settings? I looked in "Modules" for the Orchard.SSL file and it is not in the folder. I currently can't get into my dashboard, but I can get into the site. (I was going to enable SSL, but I currently can't set this server to have SSL). Thanks!
Jul 31, 2013 at 8:12 PM
I found the folder. For 1.6.1

It is called: Contrib.SecuredSocketsLayer. I renamed the file "Module" -> "_Module"