Can't send Email

Topics: Troubleshooting
Oct 24, 2011 at 9:30 PM
Edited Oct 24, 2011 at 9:31 PM

I have an instance of Orchard 1.3 running and I can't seem to get any out-bound Email to send. 

My hosting provider is WinHost (IIS 7/ .Net 4.0) and tells me that I should be able to send via the current Email settings I provided to them and they told me that I am to check with the developer of the code to learn how they are sending Email...

I installed Email, Messaging and to test this have enable it so users can create their own accounts.  I created a number of accounts with valid email addresses and from within the Dashboard have been resending the Challenge Email but it never gets routed to the test account's email address.

I am pretty certain I have the Email settings correctly setup and have tested these with other SMTP email clients without issue. 

Is there any way I can check for errors? 

Coordinator
Oct 24, 2011 at 9:39 PM

You can tell your hoster we send e-mail the same way that any ASP.NET application does. We're not doing anything funny here, and it works just fine wherever we've tried it (I use it on Azure and adHost fwiw). You may want to look in app_data\logs, and if you don't find anything there, ask your hoster to check their SMTP server for logs.

Oct 24, 2011 at 9:52 PM

I just got it to work, thanks to your hint to check the app_data\logs as it helped point me in the right direction.  It turns out that the  Email server does not support SSL communications which was very evident in the logs.  I was absolutely certain that I had tried both with and without. But now that it works I will put it down as that I somehow missed that combination with all other settings.

Thanks Bertranleroy !