How to fix broken menu name

Topics: General, Troubleshooting
Oct 24, 2011 at 1:05 AM

Somehow I created a menu with the name of "MenuB" but it shows up in the dashboard Navigation menu under Manage menu 'Menu B'

WHen I click on that link I get an error that says 404- file or directory not found. The link shown in the browser has the space in the path as: Menu%20B so if I just delete the %20 then it will open that menu.

I searched the database for any record that had the menu name in it but could not find anything. I don't see anyway to edit the menu name on the dashboard. I could not find the string "Menu B" anywhere so I don't know how to fix this. It isn't a really bad problem since I can edit the browser path, but figured maybe this could happen on a site and then how would someone change the name if it were spelled wrong.

Thanks,

Bob

Coordinator
Oct 31, 2011 at 10:54 PM

Can you please file a bug with precise repro steps in the issue tracker? Thanks.

Nov 2, 2011 at 4:26 PM

OK. I will do that tonight.

Nov 25, 2011 at 7:26 PM

Sorry for the delay in actually submitting a bug, but I finally did that. The name of the issue is:

From Dashboard cannot access advanced menu with space in the menu-name

Regards,

Bob

Nov 25, 2011 at 9:33 PM

It's an error with the "Advanced Menu" module which isn't actually part of Orchard, so you should raise it with the module author, not on Orchard's bug tracker (you didn't mention this before.)

Nov 29, 2011 at 7:44 AM

The fastest thing to fix this is by edit in the database manually. But off course this is a bug and has to be filed in the bug tracker