Localhost://(HomePage) = 404 not found

Topics: Administration, Core, General, Troubleshooting
Oct 21, 2011 at 2:44 PM

After creating different content types and deleting them (testing different types), I now have 2 pages created from the default Page Content Type. I tick the "set as homepage" checkbox, publish it, and it says it was published successfully. However after the admin side reloads the checkbox is no longer checked. I have no ability to set a page as a home page. It doesn't take when I tell it to. And when I go to my Localhost:// I get a 404 error. Is there some kind of setting I accidentally set somewhere to make this happen? Anyone else having 404 issues when requesting your localhost// homepage?

Oct 21, 2011 at 3:57 PM

Please file a bug with the repro steps.

Nov 8, 2011 at 2:47 PM

I am also facing the exact issue. But I do not remember the steps which led to this issue.

Nov 8, 2011 at 2:51 PM

Can you go into SQL server and look at the Settings_SiteSettingsPartRecord; it has a column called HomePage, can you tell me the value of that setting in the single record that should be in that table?

Nov 8, 2011 at 2:57 PM

It has value = RoutableHomePageProvider;63

Nov 8, 2011 at 3:27 PM

That should be correct. If you go to edit your item, what is its Id? (it'll be displayed in the edit page url)

Nov 8, 2011 at 3:32 PM

The page to which i have set as home page has id = 8. So I changed the HomePage Value in Database to RoutableHomePageProvider;8 But i am still facing the same issue.

Nov 8, 2011 at 3:57 PM

Check your error and debug logs for messages, perhaps something is throwing an Exception.

Nov 9, 2011 at 4:27 AM

Following is the error i am getting. I am using web matrix for this site so i am not able to debug it.

Detailed Error Information:

Module    ManagedPipelineHandler
Notification    ExecuteRequestHandler
Handler    Orchard.Mvc.Routes.ShellRoute+HttpAsyncHandler
Error Code    0x00000000
Requested URL    http://localhost:40813/
Physical Path    C:\Users\bindalr\Documents\My Web Sites\Orchard AG
Logon Method    Anonymous
Logon User    Anonymous
Request Tracing Directory    C:\Users\bindalr\Documents\IISExpress\TraceLogFiles\ORCHARD AG