Same widget as blog archives for my own content types

Topics: Customizing Orchard, Troubleshooting
Oct 14, 2011 at 8:04 AM

Hi everybody,

I need to have a widget working like the blog archives widget but working for my own content types.

How can I do it with orchard ??

Coordinator
Oct 14, 2011 at 8:16 AM

Look at the code for the archives widget and modify it :)

Oct 14, 2011 at 8:55 AM

Thanks for your reply.

Yes but the structure of the blogposts totally differ from the other content types we can create. So the sql querys will be totally differents. Maybe you know what things to change in this widget.

Coordinator
Oct 14, 2011 at 8:58 AM

What makes you think that? I don't see much that should be blog-specific.

Oct 14, 2011 at 9:08 AM

Wich row i have to change to make it work with my own content type named "scoop" for example.

Thanks by advance

Coordinator
Oct 15, 2011 at 6:47 AM

Why would you need to change a row?

Oct 17, 2011 at 8:07 AM

Because you say to me I have to modify the widget. My question is what things I have to change in the widget to make it work with any contenttype.

I have another problem. When I create a list of centent types, If I include this list in my homepage by the container widget, the pager disapear. Do you know how to solve this problem ?

Thanks

Coordinator
Oct 17, 2011 at 5:55 PM

Right, but you seem to be confused about what a row is or what a widget is made of. Maybe begin with some simpler projects or try to understand the code in the archives widget?

On your second question, there are known issues with lists on the home page. If you have simple repro steps and if the problem is different from http://orchard.codeplex.com/workitem/17312, please file a bug.