Is it possible add registration fields like first name, last name ?

Topics: Administration, Customizing Orchard, General
Oct 13, 2011 at 4:05 PM
Edited Oct 13, 2011 at 4:07 PM

Is it possible to add fields like first name, last name in registration form?

I have already tried this module  " User's Personal Information - 1.0 " which doesn't seems to be compatible with new 1.3 version and throwing error message. In-fact I have also tried other modules but nothing seems to be compatible or working nor I got any reply from their authors.

Another problem is lot of thins are dependent on "Profile" module which also doesn't seem to be compatible with 1.3 version and throwing error.

Any help would be appreciated.

Coordinator
Oct 13, 2011 at 7:33 PM

Well, if they don't respond, your best bet is probably to try to fix the code yourself.

Oct 13, 2011 at 7:45 PM

Yes...that's exactly what I am trying to do now

Thank You

Coordinator
Oct 13, 2011 at 7:46 PM

Fantastic. Let us know how that goes.

Oct 14, 2011 at 1:38 PM

profile is ok

Dec 14, 2011 at 2:42 AM
Edited Dec 14, 2011 at 2:54 AM
infofromca wrote:

profile is ok

Really?

I added fields to the User ContentType after enabling Profile and now I can't add users to the site because it breaks the model binder.

* Update: Eventually I figured out that you can't attach fields directly to a User.  I'm not sure why I was able to do this through the admin.

Dec 14, 2011 at 6:52 AM

There's a module called Extended Registration that allows you to modify the registration page by adding parts/fields to User.

User is just a regular content type, there's nothing special about it, so I have no idea why you should be unable to add fields.