How to show CAPTCHA in comments?

Topics: Core, Customizing Orchard, General
Oct 10, 2011 at 9:54 PM

I need to show a CAPTCHA text in the comment section because I am receiving tons of spans every day! Actually  I don't believe that his has not been done in the initial implementation as it's absolutely necessary!

Anyway, is there any way to do so?

Coordinator
Oct 10, 2011 at 10:16 PM

Did you try this? http://orchardproject.net/gallery/List/Modules/Orchard.Module.Orchard.Captcha

There's Akismet built-in, too.

Oct 10, 2011 at 10:22 PM

To be honest I installed this captcha module but I did not figure out how to use it! would you please let me know how to use it? It also had lots of errors that crashed the entire site (e.g. when I navigated to general settings). I had to modify the code to get it working! (it also had a database issue). how can I add this captcha to the end of Comment content part? It is not displayed in the list of the content parts.

Coordinator
Oct 10, 2011 at 10:29 PM

I have never used it. You should try to contact the module's author through the gallery.

Oct 10, 2011 at 10:29 PM

thanks. I did but he/she did not respond. is there any way to use something like ReCaptcha?

Coordinator
Oct 10, 2011 at 10:37 PM

It *is* using ReCaptcha, from what I can tell. I took a look at the code, and it seems like it is exposing services to use ReCaptcha but is not injecting itself into the comments form. I think it needs additional work and is only a starting point.

Oct 10, 2011 at 11:22 PM

I know that it is using recaptcha.dll . I wonder if it is possible to get Recaptcha markup from recaptcha.com and place it in the view (.cshtml, if there is any) of the 'comment' content part? 

Coordinator
Oct 10, 2011 at 11:32 PM

It sure is possible, but it seems like nobody's put that into a nice module yet.

Oct 10, 2011 at 11:39 PM

if you let me know the basic instructions I will do it. I just don't know where in the controller (or the view) I must check the validity of the Captcha text. Also I think I will implement a RSS reader to consume external RSS feeds.

Coordinator
Oct 10, 2011 at 11:48 PM

I'd add a part to comments and check it from one of the events on the handler.