Error on Reseting (App_Data delete)

Topics: General, Installing Orchard
Oct 7, 2011 at 6:41 PM

Hello guys.

I'm trying to do a reset on my Orchard site, by deleting the App_Data folder.

But when I do this, I receive the following error:

None of the constructors found with policy 'Autofac.Core.Activators.Reflection.BindingFlagsConstructorFinder' on type 'Orchard.DisplayManagement.Implementation.DefaultShapeFactory' can be invoked with the available services and parameters:
Constructor 'Void .ctor(System.Collections.Generic.IEnumerable`1[System.Lazy`1[Orchard.DisplayManagement.Implementation.IShapeFactoryEvents]], System.Lazy`1[Orchard.DisplayManagement.Descriptors.IShapeTableLocator])' parameter resolution failed at parameter 'System.Lazy`1[Orchard.DisplayManagement.Descriptors.IShapeTableLocator] shapeTableLocator'.

What can I do now? What went wrong?

Thanks for the support!

Coordinator
Oct 7, 2011 at 6:47 PM

Restart IIS?

Oct 7, 2011 at 6:49 PM

I'm on a shared host, but restarted the Application Pool.

Nothing changed :(

Coordinator
Oct 7, 2011 at 7:05 PM

Are you sure that you wiped out app_data entirely?

Oct 7, 2011 at 7:07 PM
bertrandleroy wrote:

Are you sure that you wiped out app_data entirely?

I delete the App_Data from the server, and when I reload the website, it creates a new App_Data folder

Coordinator
Oct 7, 2011 at 7:26 PM

Of course it does, but my question was whether you were sure it was entirely wiped out before you restarted. If this is on a shared host, it is possible that your site is running on a farm, and deleting the folder was not properly propagated on all nodes.

Oct 7, 2011 at 7:30 PM
bertrandleroy wrote:

Of course it does, but my question was whether you were sure it was entirely wiped out before you restarted. If this is on a shared host, it is possible that your site is running on a farm, and deleting the folder was not properly propagated on all nodes.

But it would replicate with some time, right?

There's another way to reset Orchard data?

And thanks for the reply!

Coordinator
Oct 7, 2011 at 7:35 PM

One thing you might want to do is take the app offline first by adding an app_offline.html file at the root. Then delete App_data, verify that it really is gone through ftp or whatever you use to reach the site remotely, recycle the app domain, and then take it back online. It would help to know exactly how your host is setup but this should just work (done it hundreds of times).

Oct 7, 2011 at 7:48 PM
bertrandleroy wrote:

One thing you might want to do is take the app offline first by adding an app_offline.html file at the root. Then delete App_data, verify that it really is gone through ftp or whatever you use to reach the site remotely, recycle the app domain, and then take it back online. It would help to know exactly how your host is setup but this should just work (done it hundreds of times).

Nope... I did all the procedures and unfortunately, the error still persists...

Coordinator
Oct 7, 2011 at 8:06 PM

No idea then. You probably broke something else. I would backup the media folder and wipe everything out, since you want to start from scratch anyway.

Oct 7, 2011 at 8:09 PM
bertrandleroy wrote:

No idea then. You probably broke something else. I would backup the media folder and wipe everything out, since you want to start from scratch anyway.

It was started from scratch... 

But I'll make some tests in local server, contact the host.

If I find the solution, I'll put it here.

One more time, thanks a lot bertrandleroy!

Coordinator
Oct 7, 2011 at 8:38 PM

You mean it never worked? Also check that your host is configured to run .NET 4.0.

Oct 7, 2011 at 8:41 PM
bertrandleroy wrote:

You mean it never worked? Also check that your host is configured to run .NET 4.0.

No, It worked from the first time, then I needed to delete App_Data to configure Orchard with MySql database.