General Orchard Performance

Topics: General
Editor
Oct 3, 2011 at 4:43 PM

Can anyone let me know what is typical for Orchard memory usage? We deployed an Orchard site in a shared environment and are getting warnings that it is using too much memory. At time is is spiking to 230MB. Typically I see it around 180MB on my local server. Is this normal for the site? It does have a bunch of modules installed and is utilizing the keep alive so it is never getting recycled. Any thoughts on this?

Oct 4, 2011 at 12:55 PM

Which version of Orchard are u running? It's known that version 1.1 had memory issues.

Editor
Oct 4, 2011 at 12:57 PM

On Tue, Oct 4, 2011 at 7:55 AM, rfcdejong <notifications@codeplex.com> wrote:

Which version of Orchard are u running? It's known that version 1.1 had memory issues.

Read the full discussion online.

To add a post to this discussion, reply to this email (orchard@discussions.codeplex.com)

To start a new discussion for this project, email orchard@discussions.codeplex.com

You are receiving this email because you subscribed to this discussion on CodePlex. You can unsubscribe on CodePlex.com.

Please note: Images and attachments will be removed from emails. Any posts to this discussion will also be available online at CodePlex.com

--
Thanks,

Arra

Coordinator
Oct 4, 2011 at 9:32 PM

Around 130MB is typical.

Oct 9, 2011 at 2:32 PM

rpaquay answered me before, quote:

Currently, if you are looking for the best possible performance, I think (even though I haven't measured) your best bet is to deploy all the module binaires to ASP.NET "~/bin", and remove all source code for modules and assemblies from "~/Modules/<MyModule>/bin". The second best option would be to remove all source code and leave assemblies in "~/Modules/<MyModule>/bin". This would prevent Orchard from monitoring source code files and also trying to re-compile modules dynamically.

So if u still have some modules with code in it, place the binary in root bin folder remove them from the Module folder.