Compiler error message: CS1729 w/ Frooth widget

Topics: Customizing Orchard, General, Installing Orchard, Troubleshooting
Sep 25, 2011 at 7:51 PM

Hi  guys! Can  someone help  me with this  problem. Just  try to  install  frooth widget and  got  a compiler error as follow:

- - - - - -- - - -- - - - - -- - - - - - -- - - - - -- - - -- - - - - -- - - - - - -- - - - - -- - - -- - - - - -- - - - - - -
Server error in '/' application.

Compiler Error
Description: an error occurred during compilation of a resource required to service this request. Please read the following details about the error, and make the necessary changes to the source code.

Compiler error message: CS1729: ' Orchard. Widgets. Services. WidgetsService ' does not contain a constructor that accepts 2 arguments

Source Error:

Line 13:
Line 14: public FroothWidgetsService (IZone Manager, zone Manager, IContentManager content Manager, IFeature Manager feature Manager)
Line 15:: base (content Manager, feature Manager) {
Line 16: _zoneManager = zone Manager;
Line 17:}

Source file: \My Web Sites\orchard\Modules\Szmyd.Frooth\Services\FroothWidgetsService.cs Line: 15

Show detailed compiler output:

Show entire compiler source:

Version Information: Microsoft.NET Framework version: 4.0.30319; ASP.NETWORK version: 4.0.30319.225
- - - - - -- - - -- - - - - -- - - - - - -- - - - - -- - - -- - - - - -- - - - - - -- - - - - -- - - -- - - - - -- - - - - - -
The  problem  now  is  I  cannot run my  project and go  back to  a previous  version to disable the  widget .
Shall I have to  reinstall everything from the  start  or  can someone solve the  error. I am  stuck.
Any  help  will  be  appreciated.
Thanks.
SmjB
Coordinator
Sep 25, 2011 at 7:58 PM

You should contact Piotr through the gallery, but in the meantime, you can remove the module's folder or simply rename the module.txt file.

Developer
Sep 25, 2011 at 7:58 PM

If you go and delete the module you should be okay. - Or rename the module.txt file

Developer
Sep 25, 2011 at 7:59 PM
bertrandleroy wrote:

You should contact Piotr through the gallery, but in the meantime, you can remove the module's folder or simply rename the module.txt file.

lol you hit the button the same time at me! look at the timestamp!

Coordinator
Sep 25, 2011 at 8:01 PM

I still win :)

Oct 1, 2011 at 10:02 PM

Hi  guys! I did contact (twice) the owner of the frooth widget as you told me, but  didn't get  any  luck  with  the  answer and until  now I'm  still stuck with my  project., as described above,  you  can see the error I'm not  able to resolve alone,  so  still  waiting for  a good help from anyone.

Thanks.

SmjB

Coordinator
Oct 1, 2011 at 10:27 PM

Well, maybe consider not using that module then? Uninstall it and move on.