Mediapicker UTF8 upload paths fail

Topics: Troubleshooting
Sep 22, 2011 at 6:02 PM

Hello,

I am trying to resolve a problem with mediapicker. When the user clicks on the add image of the mce editor, he is presented with a window. This windows gives you the option either Insert/Upload Image or Browse Media.

Given a UTF8 article name (ie, greek) it is not possible to upload images from your local computer. Mediapicker will try to send the file to a location like /blog/my-utf8-article-title and this will result in nothing being uploaded.

The exception I get is this, I can see that if I look at the ajax response:

[HttpException]: A public action method 'AddFromClient' was not found on controller 'Orchard.Media.Controllers.AdminController'.
   at System.Web.Mvc.Controller.HandleUnknownAction(String actionName)
   at System.Web.Mvc.Controller.ExecuteCore()
   at System.Web.Mvc.ControllerBase.Execute(RequestContext requestContext)
   at System.Web.Mvc.MvcHandler.<>c__DisplayClass6.<>c__DisplayClassb.<BeginProcessRequest>b__5()
   at System.Web.Mvc.Async.AsyncResultWrapper.<>c__DisplayClass1.<MakeVoidDelegate>b__0()
   at System.Web.Mvc.MvcHandler.<>c__DisplayClasse.<EndProcessRequest>b__d()
   at Orchard.Mvc.Routes.ShellRoute.HttpAsyncHandler.EndProcessRequest(IAsyncResult result) in d:\TeamCity\Projects\Orchard-Default\src\Orchard\Mvc\Routes\ShellRoute.cs:line 148
   at System.Web.HttpApplication.CallHandlerExecutionStep.System.Web.HttpApplication.IExecutionStep.Execute()
   at System.Web.HttpApplication.ExecuteStep(IExecutionStep step, Boolean& completedSynchronously)

Is this a javascript issue? Could this be fixed by altering mediapicker.js?
Coordinator
Sep 22, 2011 at 6:23 PM

Can you please file a bug in the issue tracker? I think we should fix this for the next release.

Sep 23, 2011 at 6:57 AM

I ended up fixing this by removing the per-article upload destination. Now everything (pics etc) uploads to one single directory.