Publish Content Permission

Topics: Administration, General
Sep 22, 2011 at 3:24 PM

Hi all,

I created a new content type named "example".
And I want to allow users in role "Authenticate" to publish contents in type "example".

So, in section "example" on role edit page, I checked "Publish or unpublish example", "Edit example" and "Delete example".

Then I loged in with the user which has role "Authenticate" but I cannot create a new "example"
and there was a message "Couldn't create content. Current user, Test, does not have PublishContent permission.".

Do you know why? 

Please help suggest.

Coordinator
Sep 22, 2011 at 4:33 PM

This is a bug which has been solved in current source code. Available in next release, of download current source code.

Sep 22, 2011 at 6:07 PM

Thanks for fast responding :)

This may be a dumb question.

How can I upgrade from my current to the current source code?

I also have another question.
I want to allow general users to create new "example".
But I also want to use the same theme as front-end for general users.

Can you tell me how to do that? 

Coordinator
Sep 22, 2011 at 6:25 PM

If you are using Visual Studio and the full source code, it's as easy as updating in TortoiseHg. Otherwise, you'd need to get the full source code, compile it and deploy src\Orchard.Web onto your site.

Allowing users to create content from the front end is something you can find in http://orchardproject.net/gallery/List/Modules/Orchard.Module.uSubmit

Sep 24, 2011 at 3:54 PM
Edited Sep 24, 2011 at 4:05 PM

I downloaded the full source code and built by ClickToBuild.cmd.
Then I copied src\Orchard.Web to my site.

But I still had a problem with the publishcontent permission.
Did I do something wrong? 

I also had another problem.
I removed the role "Authenticate" by accident.

How can I bring it back?
Or how can I assign the default role to new users? 

Coordinator
Sep 24, 2011 at 9:09 PM

What problem did you have? It's impossible to tell what you did wrong if we don't have a description of the problem ;)

As for Authenticated, you shouldn't have been able to remove it. Is there a lot of content in the site already? In other words can you start over?