Themes and Modules are failing to install

Topics: Installing Orchard, Troubleshooting
Sep 22, 2011 at 12:24 PM

A new fresh install of Orchard v.1.2.41.0 on a Win 7 system.  Site runs fine.   I cannot install either modules or themes with out getting this error.

"Package uploading and installation failed.
There was an error installing the requested package. This can happen if the server does not have write access to the '~/Modules' or '~/Themes' folder of the web site. If the site is running in shared hosted environement, adding write access to these folders sometimes needs to be done manually through the Hoster control panel. Once Themes and Modules have been installed, it is recommended to remove write access to these folders.
Unable to find package 'Orchard.Theme.Contoso'"

I have read most of the other topics and have done the following:

Recycled the app pools, refreshed IIS many times

Added IIS_User and Everyone to all folders and files in wwwroot to have permission to read and write (full)

Added IIS_User and Everyone to C:\temp and C:\temp to have permission to read and write (full)

So for the moment I'm stuck.   I've tried 4 different themes and multiple modules, all with the same results

Can someone provide some light as to the actual steps that are being performed during these installs, maybe that would help.  Alternatively, is there a manual method for themes and modules?

Thanks in advance

Coordinator
Sep 22, 2011 at 6:52 PM

Hard to say, this normally just works. There is something in the way your machine is configured. It would help to have the entire stack trace as this is likely not a permission problem.

Coordinator
Sep 23, 2011 at 7:37 PM

Add to that checklist that the app pool should run .NET 4.0, and that you should use integrated pipeline mode.