New Orchard Course on Pluralsight

Topics: Announcements
Sep 14, 2011 at 2:21 AM

Hi all, I've recently been working on an Orchard training course for Pluralsight On-Demand, and I'm excited to announce that it's now live! It's called Orchard Fundamentals:

It's an introductory course. It assumes no knowledge of Orchard to start, and begins with how to get it installed, setting up your first site and using some common features like blogs, tags, etc. It then talks about how themes work, moves into modules and how content types and content items are put together, and finishes with Shapes. All told it's about 3 hours. I hope people, especially those new to Orchard, find it useful. It was a lot more work than I expected. :-)  But now that I've done that one, hopefully I'll get to do another one that goes deeper.

If you have a Pluralsight subscription and get a chance to watch it, I'd love to hear feedback - good or bad. :-)  Thanks!

Sep 16, 2011 at 8:49 PM

Great work, thanks ! May i suggest looking deeper into creating new module perhaps a rudimentary forum as a non-trivial example !

Sep 16, 2011 at 9:06 PM

Yes, you may suggest that. :-)

I wanted to create a course for people brand new to Orchard, starting from the very beginning of getting it installed through creating and customizing a site with it. I'm hoping to produce a second course which would explore how to create a custom module. Thanks for the suggestion!

Sep 20, 2011 at 7:50 PM

thanks so much :)

any idea on the timeline for the second course ?

Sep 20, 2011 at 9:16 PM

No, not yet. But I'll post something if/when I know.

Sep 23, 2011 at 6:02 PM

I think you did a great job, and am looking forward to some more in-depth content. Thanks!