Listing themes fails

Topics: Troubleshooting, Writing themes
Sep 13, 2011 at 3:17 PM

Hi.

 

My current task is to create a customized theme for an Orchard site. To do this, I've downloaded and installed a theme from gallery in order to customize it later. That was successful. After that I tried to install Designer Tools module from Module Gallery. During the install an error occured. And after that event I cannot reach the listing themes function neither from the Dashboard nor from orchard.exe command line's "theme list" command. The output of the "theme list" command is:

http://img26.imageshack.us/img26/5037/orcharderror.jpg

 

Also an error occurs when I click on Widgets menu item on the Dashboard: The page cannot be displayed because an internal server error has occurred.

 

What could be the solution for this? Thanks for the help.

Sep 13, 2011 at 3:37 PM
Edited Sep 13, 2011 at 4:17 PM

Maybe the cause of the problem is that I accidentally started to install 1.2.41 version of the Designer tools instead of version 1.1.30. However the 1.2.41 version is not among the installed modules so I cannot remove it from there. Is there any solution for this problem that can be used through Dashboard or orchard.exe without having access to the file system?

 

When I try to access the Themes menu item from Dashboard, I receive this result under the "Installed themes" tab:

http://img684.imageshack.us/img684/1228/orcharderror2.jpg

Coordinator
Sep 13, 2011 at 10:24 PM

You can disable the module from the command line, but the simplest is probably to just restore the old version of the module by copying it over.

Sep 13, 2011 at 11:19 PM

As I've said in my second post: "...the 1.2.41 version is not among the installed modules so I cannot remove it from there". The 1.2.41 module version was unaccessible from both dashboard and command line. So this error was quite cryptic. We didn't have much time to solve this problem through administration interfaces, that's why the newly added Designer Tools 1.2.41 folder was manually removed from the file system in Modules \ Orchard.DesignerTools. This solved the problem and the site works fine with 1.1.30 version installed.