"Could not find any resources" error message running Orchard

Topics: Administration, Installing Orchard
Sep 8, 2011 at 11:16 PM

If I run Orchard locally, e.g., through Visual Studio, it works correctly. However, after I build it (via ClickToBuild.cmd), and publish it out to our staging website (via FTP), I get this error message when trying to access a page that uses a custom module:

Could not find any resources appropriate for the specified culture or the neutral culture. Make sure "Alanta.Web.Corp.Resources.Strings.resources" was correctly embedded or linked into assembly "App_Web_lh53j2xq" at compile time, or that all the satellite assemblies required are loadable and fully signed.

Description: An unhandled exception occurred during the execution of the current web request. Please review the stack trace for more information about the error and where it originated in the code.

Exception Details: System.Resources.MissingManifestResourceException: Could not find any resources appropriate for the specified culture or the neutral culture. Make sure "Alanta.Web.Corp.Resources.Strings.resources" was correctly embedded or linked into assembly "App_Web_lh53j2xq" at compile time, or that all the satellite assemblies required are loadable and fully signed.

Source Error:

Line 5:  @*@model IndexModel*@
Line 6:  @{
Line 7:      ViewBag.Title = Strings.RoutingGroups;
Line 8:      Script.Require("jQuery").AtHead();
Line 9:      Script.Require("jqGrid").AtHead();

So far as I can tell, the requisite assemblies for our custom module are all present - but Orchard has some very strange and complicated requirements about where these sit, so it's quite possible I'm missing something. Any suggestions on how we can go about troubleshooting this?

Coordinator
Sep 8, 2011 at 11:29 PM

Are you using satellite assemblies for localization? Orchard uses po files, which are easier to manage.

Sep 9, 2011 at 4:41 PM

We are, but I'm not tied to that approach. I'll investigate using po files (which I wasn't previously familar with).