Sep 8, 2011 at 3:07 PM
Edited Sep 8, 2011 at 3:09 PM
Although i assume kevink's webcast will be way more useful to you than this, i thought i'll share a few quick thoughts here.
- creating space between pictures and text
- adding my own logo to a theme
- publishing the site to the web
1.) creating space between elements is probably more of a .css question, rather than orchard specific, but you need both. Each Theme is split into Zones, which are defined in Orchard. How they appear on the site, mostly relies on your .css file though.
While Orchard is still new , css is widely spread out in the wild internet. For some .css tutorial checks this site out.
At first i wanted to point you to another site, which i just realized is only in german. They've suspended the english version. However, just incase you speak german, here you go.
2) Adding a logo to your theme can also be achived by .css or by simply adding an img in a Zone. If you want it to be more fancy ( from coding perspective ) you could also check out the branding.cshtml in the TheThemeMachine\Views Folder. basically what
that does, is adding your sitename with a link to your homepage, but instead of a text you could also do a logo or something in there.
3) That would require webspace on server that has the necessary tools for it.
The minimum requirements for running Orchard are the following:
- ASP.NET 4
- A web server such as IIS Express 7.5 or IIS 7.x.
Also see: http://www.orchardproject.net/docs/Installing-Orchard.ashx