How do I get Orchard to not show the Published date?

Topics: Administration
Aug 31, 2011 at 6:23 PM

Using Orchard on our site and noticed all the published dates are at the top of the content?  How do I disable this?

Aug 31, 2011 at 6:32 PM

You do it with placement, by sending the relevant part to "-". Shape Tracing is a great way to discover what shapes are doing what.

Aug 31, 2011 at 6:52 PM

I justed installed Designer Tools per the site and it crashed it.  :(

Compiler Error Message: CS1061: 'ClaySharp.IClayBehavior' does not contain a definition for 'GetMembers' and no extension method 'GetMembers' accepting a first argument of type 'ClaySharp.IClayBehavior' could be found (are you missing a using directive or an assembly reference?)

Source Error:

Line 169:        private void DumpShape(IShape shape) {
Line 170:            var members = new Dictionary<string, object>();
Line 171:            ((IClayBehaviorProvider) (dynamic) shape).Behavior.GetMembers(() => null, shape, members);
Line 172:
Line 173:            foreach (var key in members.Keys.Where(key => !key.StartsWith("_"))) {

Aug 31, 2011 at 6:56 PM

What version of Orchard are you running?

Aug 31, 2011 at 6:57 PM

1.1 something, although I"m not able to get back in to verify. 

Aug 31, 2011 at 6:59 PM

That's why. It's for 1.2. Upgrade:

Aug 31, 2011 at 7:02 PM

modules don't have a minimum version specified before you can install one?

Aug 31, 2011 at 7:03 PM

They do, but it's not enforced yet.

Sep 1, 2011 at 1:39 PM

You should be able to install the 1.1 version from the Gallery though, if you don't want to upgrade to 1.2 yet. To do that download the actual module package for version 1.1 from the website:

Then you can install the module from the local package file by going to the Installed tab on the Modules page, and clicking the "Install a module from your computer" link.

Sep 1, 2011 at 1:51 PM

I went ahead and upgraded to latest version.  Any timeline when Orchard upgrades will be automatic and inplace ala Wordpress?

Sep 1, 2011 at 6:10 PM

Yes, that's a feature I'd love to have. It's not easy but I'll make sure we prioritize this appropriately. I don't think there is a bug tracking it, so if you want, please go ahead and create it in the issue tracker.