error when deploying orchard

Topics: Troubleshooting
Aug 28, 2011 at 10:17 PM

Description: An error occurred during the parsing of a resource required to service this request. Please review the following specific parse error details and modify your source file appropriately.

Parser Error Message: Error compiling module "Orchard.Packaging" from file "/digitalcloudsoftware.co.uk/Modules/Orchard.Packaging/Orchard.Packaging.csproj":
The assembly reference 'NuGet.Core, Version=1.0.0.0, Culture=neutral, PublicKeyToken=31bf3856ad364e35, processorArchitecture=MSIL' could not be loaded.

There are generally a few ways to solve this issue:
1. Remove the assembly reference from the project file if it's not needed.
2. Ensure the assembly reference is present in the 'bin' directory of the module.
3. Ensure the assembly reference is present in the 'bin' directory of the application.
4. Specify the strong name of the assembly (name, version, culture, publickey) if the assembly is present in the GAC.

Source Error:

Line 1:  <?xml version="1.0" encoding="utf-8"?>
Line 2:  <Project ToolsVersion="4.0" DefaultTargets="Build" xmlns="http://schemas.microsoft.com/developer/msbuild/2003">
Line 3:    <PropertyGroup>

any ideas what might be causing this? the files are deployed as binary.

cheers,

Developer
Aug 28, 2011 at 10:48 PM

Are you using the full Source Code drop?

Aug 28, 2011 at 11:00 PM

No i'm using the files from the Orchard.Web.1.2.41.zip

Coordinator
Aug 29, 2011 at 7:57 PM

What do you mean "the files are deployed as binary"?

Aug 30, 2011 at 12:37 PM

i mean the files are transferred from my dev server to the hosting server as binary.

The reference to NuGet.Core in the .csproj file for Orchard.Packaging is referencing a different version of the NuGet.Core dll than the one that is in the bin directory of Orchard.Packaging, updating the reference sorted the problem.