Build and Publish in VS2010

Topics: Installing Orchard
Aug 28, 2011 at 9:15 PM

Hello.

I downloaded orchard source - Orchard.Source.1.2.41.zip. Open it in VS2010. Click build.
After that, all module folders are a lot dll files.
Now I want to publish site via FTP. How to remove unneeded files dll?

Developer
Aug 28, 2011 at 9:35 PM

Hi,

Use ClickToBuild.cmd command file found in root directory to build Orchard and prepare for deployment. It takes care of removing unnecessary files. You will find the deployable Orchard source under /build/Stage after successfull build.

- Piotr

Aug 29, 2011 at 9:37 AM

After ClickToBuild:

"C:\Projects\OrchardSVN\Orchard.proj" (Build target) (1) ->(Test target) ->  NUNIT : 1) Test error : Orchard.Tests.Tasks.SweepGeneratorTests.ActivatedEventShouldStartTimer [C:\Projects\OrchardSVN\Orchard.proj]

In folder C:\Projects\OrchardSVN\build after ClickToBuild:

1. Folder: Compile 
  2. Fiel: Orchard.Tests.xml

C:\Projects\OrchardSVN\src folder size: 680mb

Developer
Aug 29, 2011 at 10:47 AM

Yes, I've also noticed that error some time ago, but forgot to file a bug. Will do that. As a workaround - just edit the appropriate file and comment out that NUnit test - everything runs perfectly fine after that.

You don't have Stage folder because Orchard failed to build - it'll be there if everything goes without errors. Yes, the src/build folder grows enormously after build - because of referenced dlls being copied to every module. Just copy the Stage one somewhere and delete all those folders created during build to free space.

- Piotr

Coordinator
Aug 29, 2011 at 7:43 PM

Make sure you run from a VS prompt.