Installing and keeping Orchard on Azure

Topics: General
Aug 23, 2011 at 1:04 PM

In this wiki page (, the suggestion is to wipe both sql azure data and azure tables data with each upload of a package.

Is this assuming that the stage and live data is kept in different places? If I have users on the live site with live data, doesn't wiping it with each upload make no sense?

Does this article assume that all content  and user admin changes also happen in the dev environment and that wiping and starting over would contain all the correct data or is this trying to avoid any data definition changes like new columns, new tables, etc?

Aug 23, 2011 at 6:49 PM

You do not need to wipe out everything. See

Aug 23, 2011 at 10:26 PM

After working more to try to get orchard on azure, I have several suggestions for this page mentioned (

• I have 1.2 of Orchard which doesn't seem to have the ClickToBuildAzurePackage.cmd - suppose I'll go back and grab it from a previous build?
  • The text "Visual Studio 2010 Command line" should be a link ( I had never used the command prompt before so I had to find the right page on the web that told me what I needed. 

Aug 23, 2011 at 10:29 PM

I'll just throw this out there, but here is what I'm trying to do ( with azure and orchard. If you can point me in any direction that gets me closer, I would right a blog post once I figured it out and rave about Orchard.  :)

Aug 23, 2011 at 10:48 PM

Yes, the lack of clicktobuild is an unfortunate oversight. You can go and grab it from the source code tab on CodePlex. I've added the suggested link. Anything else I can help you with?