Not able to create simple content type by dashboard

Topics: Troubleshooting
Aug 20, 2011 at 12:28 PM

Whenever i push myself to dig into orchard i encounter strange problem. I hope i missed simple thing in this case.

I am trying to create new content type named Product by dashboard and i leave Id of content "Product" and add field "Name" then i create that content type. It notify me that Product content is created but i can not find it in content items any. 

I am using latest version which i downloaded now reagain.  What is wrong ?

Aug 20, 2011 at 1:33 PM

I am exactly creating first new content type then creating that content item  and it is not in content items list. ... Any idea ? Problem can cause by Operating system ? I am using windows 7 , visual studio 2010 with service packs. Please tell something aabout that...

Aug 20, 2011 at 1:45 PM

Now i did some progress. If i make that content type Common so it is appearing in content items list. Content items restricted to be common for be in content items list ? 

Coordinator
Aug 20, 2011 at 4:16 PM

It's madatory if you want to see those content items in the Contents page. The reason is that on this page there is a sort by creation date, which is only defined by CommonPart. This is a "inner join" issue. Should be resolved when we make the Common mandatory, and also when "left joini" kind of queries are available in the content manager.

Aug 20, 2011 at 7:33 PM

I couldn't guess this so i thought it is my foult and i spend really annoying time on it. Now i understand why. Thanks