How do I work Advanced Menu?

Topics: Customizing Orchard, Troubleshooting
Aug 18, 2011 at 5:34 PM
Edited Aug 18, 2011 at 7:04 PM

Hello!

I'm in need of a hierarchical menu, so I installed the Advanced Menu widget, seeing as it's apparently the only solution. I've played around with it a bit and I can't quite fully figure out out (along with Orchard in general, apparently)

I was hoping for some kind of expandable tree menu, almost like that in Windows explorer. So I have made a very makeshift menu, just to try it out, and to get it on the side like I wanted, I put it into the Aside First region. The problem now is, it's taken up half of my damn screen, and it's not even using the space it takes! Not to mention Orchard isn't very space-efficient in the first place. I've taken a screenshot to demonstrate:

That massive box is taken up, and it doesn't even let my menu items stay on one line... Is there a better way to go about this? Is it possible to have an expandable menu in a style like Explorer (little + icons) using Advanced Menu? Or is there another widget/module I should be looking at?

(NOTE: This project is essentially all displaying large amounts of data in big tables, so I need as much main window space as possible)

Thanks, I hope someone here can help me along my way!

EDIT: If there is another post covering this, I apologize, I searched as much as I could

Coordinator
Aug 18, 2011 at 7:39 PM

The theme you are using (TheThemeMAchine) was not designed for hierarchical menus, or anything like that. So you might need to work a new theme out. Have you tried other themes on the gallery ?

Also if you have specific questions for this module, you might have more help on its own website, as this one is not maintained by us directly, but our great Orchard friend Piotr.