Comment submission notifications

Topics: General, Troubleshooting
Aug 17, 2011 at 10:58 AM
I have configured the comments in my Orchard installation to require authorisation by a modifier which appears to be working fine for the moderators but not so much for the commenter. Visitors can submit comments fine and they get put in to the pending moderation queue, however the person who submitted the comment gets no notification that this is the case, they just get redirected back to the post which can lead to them continually re-submitting the comment as they have no idea that it's been queued. I've looked at the create controller and there appears to be some sort of notifier that should tell people that there comment is awaiting moderation bjut it does seem to get displayed, anybody got any ideas?
Coordinator
Aug 17, 2011 at 7:18 PM

Might be a missing feature. Want to open a bug for that ?

Editor
Feb 15, 2012 at 4:56 PM

Any clarification on this issue? I am seeing that after a comment is submitted the user is redirected back to the homepage, this avoiding the "Pending Approval" message and also any new "Notify Events" via Rules you place on this comment creation. Do we know why a new comment causes the user to redirect to the homepage?

Coordinator
Feb 15, 2012 at 6:33 PM

Should have been fixed. Can you check with the 1.x branch on the source code ? 

Editor
Feb 15, 2012 at 6:37 PM

I am running a live 1.3.9 site, patched with the security fix. Should 1.3.10 have this working?

Coordinator
Feb 15, 2012 at 6:40 PM

No, 1.x from source code only. If you can't just describe a step by step repro and I'll check for you. Even is the repro is dumb, please do to prevent communication issues ;)

Editor
Feb 15, 2012 at 6:45 PM

Sure. The repro steps are:

1. Go to a blog post or custom content type with comments enabled on it.

2. Submit a comment and notice how after the comment is submitted the user is redirected to the homepage.