Importing and Exporting from the Chapter Module?

Topics: Administration, Writing modules
Aug 15, 2011 at 9:24 PM
Edited Aug 15, 2011 at 9:25 PM

I want to use the Chapter module from the gallery and be able to import and export my chapter content using the Import Export module. I have not been able to re-create chapter module content using export and import of the Chapter module data.

First, does this work? or does the Chapter module not implement the functions need for import export? If the Chapter module is out of date for import and export, can someone please point me to some documentation on how to make a module support import/export?

Second, what content types do I need to export form the Chapter module to be able to recreate a whole book? I've been selecting for export the content types: Book, Chapter, TableOfContents, and the unique content type representing my book's chapters (for my book called "First Book" this type is "FirstBookChapter"). I've also been exporting metadata and data. The XML file created by export looks like it has all my chapter content. However, when I import the content into a different Orchard instance, the Book is created but the chapters are not.

Any suggestions?

Coordinator
Aug 15, 2011 at 9:54 PM

Replied on Contrib.Chapters forum.