Blog Issue

Topics: Troubleshooting
Aug 10, 2011 at 12:30 AM

On my development server I have a blog and in AsideSecond I have a Recent Blog Posts widget.  The blog shows only the first post and I can click through the list of posts in the widget.  I can add new posts without issue.  Works great.  But on the production server:

1. The blog page shows all posts with the more link, not just one.  I want just one like in dev.
2. When I add a new post, after I click save and go to Manage Blog to look at the list, the post appears twice.  One is published and appears on the blog page and one is unpublished and I have to delete it.  I published the duplicate to see what would happen and it gives me the permalink error and renames it (expected behavior).  If I click on Publish instead of save the first time then it publishes the one post and it's copy and gives me the permalink error.
3. Several times while experimenting with this a new blog will appear called "Blog".  It's happened too many times for me to believe I accidentaly created it.

I've deleted all posts and blogs several times and recreated them but it doesn't change.

A side note:  I never get the "Newer...Older" links in any blog I've created.  Is there a magic number of posts you need to have before they appear?  If so, can this be adjusted?

Thanks!

Coordinator
Aug 10, 2011 at 12:35 AM

This is entirely abnormal. None of this should happen. Looks like you have some inconsistent data in the database. How did you publish this from the dev box?

The number of items on a page can be configured in settings. A zero means no pagination.

Aug 10, 2011 at 5:01 PM

The site had a fresh install of Orchard and we were using a theme derived from TheThemeMachine.  So I recreated the content in the appropriate zones with HTML Widgets and created the blog, then just FTP'd the the theme onto the clients server.  The theme was then available to be selected, which I did, and it all seems to work except for this blog issue.  I believe I have the blog displaying like I want so now the only issues are #2 and #3 above.  Is it possible to manually clean out the tables that have the blog info so I can start from scratch?

Coordinator
Aug 10, 2011 at 6:04 PM

It's possible to clean the tables but it won't be easy. It might be faster to start from (actual) scratch. An export of what you already have may help.