Alternate URL

Topics: Customizing Orchard, Troubleshooting
Aug 8, 2011 at 1:54 AM

I installed the Designer Tools and when attempting to use the Alternate URL function I received the error: The relative virtual path 'Orchard.Core.Shapes.CoreShapes::StylesheetLinks' is not allowed here.

Shortly after that I noticed that the page I was on when attempting this had a couple hundred lines of extra HTML (sample pasted below) and I can't find where it's coming from.  It's not appearing on other pages.  I can change themes and it's still there.

Another issue is I could see how to create alternates for zones on the page but not for the page itself.  I am trying to have an alternate layout (or css file used?) for my home page.

Thanks!

\"" }, {"name": "Record", "value": "BodyPartRecord", "children": [{ "name": "Text", "value": "\" \"" }, {"name": "Format", "value": "null" }, {"name": "ContentItemVersionRecord", "value": "ContentItemVersionRecord", "children": [{ "name": "Id", "value": "33" }, {"name": "ContentItemRecord", "value": "ContentItemRecord", "children": [{ "name": "Id", "value": "21" }, {"name": "Data", "value": "\"\"" }] }, {"name": "Number", "value": "1" }, {"name": "Published", "value": "True" }, {"name": "Latest", "value": "True" }, {"name": "Data", "value": "\"\"" }, {"name": "Infoset", "value": "Infoset", "children": [{ "name": "Data", "value": "\"\"" }] }] }, {"name": "Id", "value": "33" }, {"name": "ContentItemRecord", "value": "ContentItemRecord", "children": [{ "name": "Id", "value": "21" }, {"name": "ContentType", "value": "ContentTypeRecordProxy8627165b0d8a4a2ea7db420422a83117", "children": [{ "name": "Id", "value": "5" }, {"name": "Name", "value": "\"HtmlWidget\"" }] }, {"name": "Versions", "value": "PersistentGenericBag" }, {"name": "Data", "value": "\"\"" }, {"name": "Infoset", "value": "Infoset", "children": [{ "name": "Data", "value": "\"\"" }] }] }] }, {"name": "ContentItem", "value": "ContentItem", "children": [{ "name": "Id", "value":

Coordinator
Aug 8, 2011 at 1:57 AM
Disable the shape tracing feature to get rid of the extra markup.

You can use alternates for the layout shape to replace the markup for the whole page.

Sent from my TI-99/4A

Sent: Sunday, August 07, 2011 5:54 PM
To: Bertrand Le Roy
Subject: Alternate URL [orchard:268133]

I installed the Designer Tools and when attempting to use the Alternate URL function I received the error: The relative virtual path 'Orchard.Core.Shapes.CoreShapes::StylesheetLinks' is not allowed here.

Shortly after that I noticed that the page I was on when attempting this had a couple hundred lines of extra HTML (sample pasted below) and I can't find where it's coming from. It's not appearing on other pages. I can change themes and it's still there.

Another issue is I could see how to create alternates for zones on the page but not for the page itself. I am trying to have an alternate layout (or css file used?) for my home page.

Thanks!

\"" }, {"name": "Record", "value": "BodyPartRecord", "children": [{ "name": "Text", "value": "\" \"" }, {"name": "Format", "value": "null" }, {"name": "ContentItemVersionRecord", "value": "ContentItemVersionRecord", "children": [{ "name": "Id", "value": "33" }, {"name": "ContentItemRecord", "value": "ContentItemRecord", "children": [{ "name": "Id", "value": "21" }, {"name": "Data", "value": "\"\"" }] }, {"name": "Number", "value": "1" }, {"name": "Published", "value": "True" }, {"name": "Latest", "value": "True" }, {"name": "Data", "value": "\"\"" }, {"name": "Infoset", "value": "Infoset", "children": [{ "name": "Data", "value": "\"\"" }] }] }, {"name": "Id", "value": "33" }, {"name": "ContentItemRecord", "value": "ContentItemRecord", "children": [{ "name": "Id", "value": "21" }, {"name": "ContentType", "value": "ContentTypeRecordProxy8627165b0d8a4a2ea7db420422a83117", "children": [{ "name": "Id", "value": "5" }, {"name": "Name", "value": "\"HtmlWidget\"" }] }, {"name": "Versions", "value": "PersistentGenericBag" }, {"name": "Data", "value": "\"\"" }, {"name": "Infoset", "value": "Infoset", "children": [{ "name": "Data", "value": "\"\"" }] }] }] }, {"name": "ContentItem", "value": "ContentItem", "children": [{ "name": "Id", "value":

Aug 8, 2011 at 3:16 AM

Got rid of the extra markup!  Thanks!  Was also able to configure it to use a different css file for the home page.  What I need to do can probably be accomplished more efficiently but for now it allows me to move on to more pressing matters.