You do not have permission to complete your request - installing module

Topics: Troubleshooting
Aug 4, 2011 at 9:13 AM

Hello,

I'm trying to install the advanced menu module. When ever i go into the gallery and click on the install link, i'm getting the error: You do not have permission to complete your request

I googled this and the only thing i could find was a suggestion to make sure that the identity the app pool is running under has write permission to the modules folder. I added full control for that identity to the modules, themes and app_data folders - i still get this error. btw - i was able to install the contoso theme and the code generation and designer tools modules without modifying the permissions on those folders.

Any ideas why? Is there a way to manually install the module?

thanks

Coordinator
Aug 5, 2011 at 8:10 PM

That's weird. You can always manually install by renaming the nupckg file to zip, extracting it, and digging into the folders to find the module's directory. Copy that into the modules folder of your site and you're done.

Aug 6, 2011 at 5:51 AM

Ah. I used the command line instead - i didn't know i could just copy the files. That would have been a bit easier then using the orchard command line. Oh well :)

Thanks

Aug 11, 2011 at 6:39 PM

I've found that the IIS_IUSRS group needs to have write permission on some of the directories inside of the Orchard.Web project when installing modules.  Try granting the Modify permission to the Orchard.Web directory for this group and then installing the module.  I believe this setting should be turned off after installation is completed.

Aug 11, 2011 at 7:59 PM

i think that only applies to IIS6, this is running on IIS 7.5