Looking for Seattle area Orchard study group/training

Topics: Announcements, General
Jul 27, 2011 at 8:26 PM

Is there an Orchard group in Seattle? If not, anyone from the Seattle area interested in learning Orchard together?  Or any Orchard experts in the Seattle area offering training?

Thanks!

Coordinator
Jul 27, 2011 at 9:02 PM

You could say there are a few experts around here, yes, and although we don't offer training, if you find enough people we'd love to give a talk or something like that.

Jul 27, 2011 at 10:03 PM

OK, thanks. If anyone else jumps in on this discussion, maybe we can get something going.  

Jul 29, 2011 at 11:28 PM

I would be interested. I am currently investigating Orchard for a work project. We are looking to upgrade our current CMS system and Orchard is on the table as an option.

Jul 29, 2011 at 11:45 PM
Edited Jul 30, 2011 at 12:01 AM
ryearsley wrote:

I would be interested. I am currently investigating Orchard for a work project. We are looking to upgrade our current CMS system and Orchard is on the table as an option.

Great. Want to try and meet somewhere for coffee and figure out best way to go about either learning together or getting enough people together for the Orchard experts to give a talk?  I'm near the UDistrict

Jul 30, 2011 at 12:21 AM

Sure. I'm in Queen Anne. I'm on vacation starting end of day until August 9 so maybe second week of August?

It would be great to try to talk the Orchard guys into giving a talk...hint...hint. From what I can tell Orchard is the most interesting CMS platform, with a bright future, in the .NET open source realm. Now I just need to be able to justify why we should go with Orchard.

Coordinator
Jul 30, 2011 at 12:22 AM

As I said, yeah, sure.

Jul 30, 2011 at 12:41 AM

Awesome. We will work on getting some folks together.

Jul 30, 2011 at 12:41 AM
ryearsley wrote:

Sure. I'm in Queen Anne. I'm on vacation starting end of day until August 9 so maybe second week of August?

It would be great to try to talk the Orchard guys into giving a talk...hint...hint. From what I can tell Orchard is the most interesting CMS platform, with a bright future, in the .NET open source realm. Now I just need to be able to justify why we should go with Orchard.

Sounds good, talk with you around the second week in August. Thanks.

Aug 10, 2011 at 8:37 PM

I'm back from vacation so I'm free to meet up about organizing an Orchard group.

Aug 11, 2011 at 5:20 AM

Great, want to try and get together sometime next week? Would Grand Central on Eastlake work for you? 

Aug 11, 2011 at 8:21 PM

I work at 4th and Blanchard so I could meet up there after work or maybe for lunch. You can email me at ryearsley@hotmail.com

Aug 16, 2011 at 9:07 PM

Love the idea for an Orchard oriented meetup.

I've taken the liberty of creating a Live group to which I invite anyone in the Seattle area who wants to get together to discuss Orchard to join. This group will make it easy to mail the group and to share an event calendar: http://groups.live.com/P.mvc#!/OrchardSeattle/

Since most of the Orchard team are based on Redmond Campus, I suggest we'll have a better chance of getting them to come along and join us if we meet somewhere on the Eastside. To this end, can I suggest we meet at the Rock Bottom in Bellevue for this first meeting where we can discuss alternate venues for future meetings?

Thoughts? Join the group and start the discussion :)