Drupal very awesome modules

Topics: Administration, General, Writing modules, Writing themes
Jul 24, 2011 at 6:19 PM

I've worked many times with the first class CMS solution named Drupal, as many of you did I think, and I was very disappointed for no-.NET-ASP.NET-MVC CMS like the great architecture and modules\features Drupal has. But after finding the Orchard, I'm now sure that Orchard will be in a couple of years, the #1 CMS solution.

But for be honest, I miss some very very important and awesome modules\features in Orchard that can be found in the core of Drupal. The main module I missed is the Views moduel which enable the admin to build any page\widget of any content he needs with so much flexibility of filtration, grouping, paging, sorting etc.... Also some fundamental content type fields like bool and number. Also what if I need the content type to have multiple values for the same field? like if I wrote an Article content-type that has multiple bodies that represent pages of content in the same content-type item.

I hope you put these features in your mind in Orchard next version.

I love Orchard so so much, and THANK YOU VERY VERY VERY MUCH for the good work you made.

yours...

M. Kin.

Coordinator
Jul 25, 2011 at 8:04 PM

We are working on an equivalent for Drupal's View module right now (see http://orchard.codeplex.com/discussions/266268, it's called Projector).

As for multiple bodies, one could build a special part for that.

Jul 26, 2011 at 12:37 PM

Thanks so much for the quick reply. Is there any expectations of the release time of Orchard 2.0?

Coordinator
Jul 26, 2011 at 7:00 PM

Early Spring 2012