Point Local Host to Domain

Topics: Localization, Troubleshooting
Jul 18, 2011 at 12:57 AM

Hi,
I'm new at this so im not sure exactly what im doing. So I made a website and published it using Webmatrix. When I get to the website only the home page is published. All of the other pages are still localhost. So i contacted my hosting service and they told me to point my localhost to the domain. Can anyone tell me how to do that?

Thanks,

Bobby

Coordinator
Jul 18, 2011 at 7:21 PM

I'm afraid your hoster has been giving you some meaningless bullshit in order to get rid of you...

Not sure what you mean by "all of the other pages are still localhost". Can you be more specific about what you've been doing and what makes you think that?

Jul 29, 2011 at 10:49 PM

Hello Bobby,

Run is where you can see how your web looks like. Also it serves as a draft of your web site.

Your host server company will give you all the details in xml format and the orchard will automatically fill it in for you.

Validate connection to esatblish the connection with your host server.

Press publish and all your contents will be uploaded from local host except photos.

You will have to log in into your web site once it is published and you will have to upload each photo back in to the appropriate pages of your web.

My server is Titan Inetrnet Company and they are very good, giving me an excellent support all the way.

Hope this helps.

Cheers.

Htin