Dynamic or URL based Theme switching

Topics: Administration, General
Jul 13, 2011 at 4:04 PM

Let me first describe what it is I am looking to do.

We are finishing up building a Silverlight4 visualization app that will go to market in the Fall of this year. We have Help topics that we would like to display from a URL in an HTML control. We are hoping that we can dual purpose the content from
the Solutions Center website that we are building in OrchardCMS.

What we are wondering: Is there a way with Orchard to dynamically switch between Themes based on URL? Or even share content between 2 different installs?

What we are thinking is that if a Help/Support topic is displayed through the HTML control in our SL app (possibly passing another parameter in the URL) we want a "NoChrome" Theme to display.... otherwise, the content is displayed with the regular site Theme.

There are 2 possibilites that I can think of for this... the first is some sort of internal switch that reads a keyword int he URL and switches themes based on that... the second is having 2 different sites that share the same content... when we add the URL to
the SL app, we use the URL for the site with the "NoChrome" theme... but people would typically navigate to the normally themed site.

Any tutorials or tips you may have would be greatly apprecaited....

Jul 13, 2011 at 10:44 PM

Yes, you just have to implement IThemeSelector.