Error on Pre-Compile

Topics: Troubleshooting
Jul 8, 2011 at 6:47 PM

I published out my site and then attempted to precompile it before deploying. I received the following error during the precompile process

/Core/Orchard.Core.csproj(1): error ASPPARSE: Object reference not set to an instance of an object.
Any ideas on what might be causing this and how to get around it? Thanks

Jul 8, 2011 at 7:11 PM

I guess I should clarify this by saying I was trying to get my Module to compile...As I look more into it, I don't think it's really an option since Orchard wouldn't be able to update the Modules through the Gallery if they were compiled.

Coordinator
Jul 8, 2011 at 7:16 PM

What are you trying to compile?

• Orchard 1.2 doesn't support pre-compiling views (which is what aspnet precompiler does).
  • Orchard does support compiled modules for custom installations.
  • Modules downloaded from the Gallery usually don't contain a compiled version of modules (just source, csproj and content files)

HTH,

Renaud

Jul 8, 2011 at 7:19 PM

I wanted to compile the module I developed so the source code wouldn't be out there. Is there a way to compile just my module and deploy it to my Orchard site?

Coordinator
Jul 9, 2011 at 3:11 AM

Yes, it is supported. Just deploy your compiled module in the "~/Modules/YourModule/bin" folder, Orchard will take care of loading it. Note that if you want to share your module in the Gallery, Orchard currently only supports packaging source files.