How to pack BasedOn: theme

Topics: Troubleshooting
Jul 6, 2011 at 7:56 AM

Hello.

Then I try to pack my theme based on TheThemeMachine I getting package only with overwritted files without default files from TheThemeMachine. 

How to pack theme based on another without manual copying files?

Thanks

Coordinator
Jul 6, 2011 at 10:45 PM

Theme dependencies are not handled at this point, and in any case dependencies have to be downloaded separately, unless you create a recipe. It may be simpler to make the theme stand on its own if you are going to publish it for others to use.

Jul 7, 2011 at 6:31 AM
Edited Jul 8, 2011 at 11:17 AM

Ok, thanks.

Jul 8, 2011 at 11:17 AM

But for that I wrote BaseTheme in Theme.txt? Is it used some where?

Coordinator
Jul 8, 2011 at 6:01 PM

What do you mean?

Jul 21, 2011 at 9:24 AM
Edited Jul 21, 2011 at 9:30 AM

Well, in Theme.txt I have a field "BasedTheme" in which I wrote "TheThemeMachine" and then pack it. But then I try to install theme from package I get only files from my theme, I think it should automaticaly download needed files from base theme or show me a message. The question is, BaseTheme field make sence in this moment, or it just for note.

Jul 21, 2011 at 8:47 PM

The BaseTheme property makes sense because it provides a specific Theme to fall back to for rendering everything which your theme doesn't provide any views for.

As far as I understand, if you don't provide a BaseTheme the fallback is the SafeMode theme (correct me, if I'm wrong).
Coordinator
Jul 21, 2011 at 10:57 PM

The property tells the system where to look if it doesn't find something in your theme. But if that fallback place does not exist, well, it fails.

It sure would be neat if we could pull down the theme dependency automatically but currently you can't. Well actually you could, with a recipe.