upgrade process to 1.2 same as 1.1?

Topics: Installing Orchard
Jun 22, 2011 at 1:29 AM

before i get started upgrading, wanted to confirm the upgrade process is still the same as it was for 1.1? upgrade topic references upgrading to 1.1, so wanted to verify. Also I was kinda hoping upgrading would get easier ;)

Coordinator
Jun 22, 2011 at 1:34 AM

I had updated that topic for 1.2. I'm confused about how my modifications disappeared. Investigating. Yes, the process is the same.

Jun 22, 2011 at 1:40 AM

i just noticed also that the description on this page http://orchard.codeplex.com/ says that 1.1 is the latest too.

Coordinator
Jun 22, 2011 at 2:18 AM

OK, I had to rewrite the topic. It's done. There is a simplified in place method that you may want to try. I also updated the CodePlex home page. Thanks for the heads up. Not sure what happened there.

Jun 22, 2011 at 3:30 PM

Thanks. The update in place method works well for me, but you might want to add this:

-if you have url rewriting rules on the site, you will need to re-add them (or make a backup of your base web.config and copy them into the new one)

-(this may be unusual) I copy files from my local machine to the server, so when I do this it can reset permissions on the files. May need to go re-add the iusr perms.

Coordinator
Jun 22, 2011 at 10:39 PM

Good points. I added a warning section to the beginning of the document.