Make a clone of a page / content of another database

Topics: Customizing Orchard, General
Jun 16, 2011 at 2:59 PM

Hello everybody.

I know the Orchard CMS to 10 days, and I'm very happy with it!

My question is as follows:

I like to make a page like the homepage.

Within the content space, i like present results from another database, where I start?

Someone help me please??!?!?!

Thanks!

Jun 17, 2011 at 4:54 AM

As far as displaying data from another database goes the first thing would be to have a content part or a widget defined. On the Display method of the ContentPartDriver you should connect to the other database, and query for whatever data you need.

Jun 17, 2011 at 8:39 AM

For example, the only thing I want to change is the content, design just want to keep!

The widget supports asp.net?

Jun 17, 2011 at 9:06 AM

By "ASP.NET" you could mean either MVC or Webforms - they're two different technologies within the ASP.NET framework. Orchard runs on MVC and so Webforms isn't supported in any views, doesn't matter where they're coming from. Widgets are just content items with a special setting.

You should start by reading some of the tutorials on orchardproject.net, they'll walk you through creating a basic module and a Content Part, which is a way of extending any content item with your own logic and templates:

http://orchardproject.net/docs/

Coordinator
Jun 17, 2011 at 6:23 PM

In particular, you should learn about widgets and layers, which are a great way to have shared contents between pages.