Front-end wysiwyg editor?

Topics: Customizing Orchard
Jun 10, 2011 at 11:30 AM

Is there any module that adds a front-end wysiwyg editor? Searched through the gallery but didn't find one. Would be quite fancy. :)

Jun 10, 2011 at 12:30 PM

I'm planning it for v1.1 of Mechanics. Actually it's pretty easy to modify Orchard to do this. You can just change the AdminController in Orchard.Core.Contents and add the [Themed] attribute to the Create and Edit actions. But for Mechanics I also want to make things more Ajax-enabled and as well as showing connector editors in the correct zones when you're using Paperclips.

Jun 10, 2011 at 1:06 PM

Yeah, that's exactly what I'm after. :) When do you think 1.1 will be out? :D

Jun 10, 2011 at 1:46 PM

It's a bit hard to say. Version 1.0 is where I'm very nearly at, there are some bugs in the routing system which are delaying me releasing that, but it's very nearly there!

Then I need to make some updates to the other modules - particularly Quanta, and also complete the Economics and Identity modules (e-commerce and address management respectively) that, similarly to Cartography, will be demo implementations of systems using Mechanics.

But I might start work on some of the 1.1 bits in parallel, as and when I need them. For instance getting proper AJAX UI on the socket editors will be a big priority, it's way too fiddly at the moment.

Anyway I hope to make progress over the next couple of weeks, don't want to promise anything tho :)

Jun 13, 2011 at 8:21 AM

Hehe, alright :) I'll be looking out for new releases then ;)