Trouble with modifying themes.

Topics: Writing themes
Jun 8, 2011 at 2:54 AM

Hi there, Ok complete newbie.. so simple question.

I have been following the documentation in particular the option called "Customising Themes".

I have used the code generation feature to create a new theme called MyTheme. It has put this new theme into a folder called themes.  It seems all the themes are in there. At the moment it is using  this theme.

I wanted to make a very simple modification to the style sheet and did what it said and copied over the site.css style.  However nothing happened.

I have also noticed that there is also a themes directory under modules.  I swapped back to the theme "TheThemeMachine" andthen went into this folder under modules called Themes and then made an adjustment to the background color. It worked.

So it appears that although I can load the theme MyTheme and it is enabled and loaded it must reside in the modules/themes folder if I want to modify it.

What am I missing something here.  I have loaded the theme it appears successfully, yet it should be in the modules/themes directory if I am to make changes...  I also noticed that the themes folder wasnt part of the project so I had to do that manually as well.

What do I need ot do to load a theme and make changes to the style sheet? ...and where does it actuall reside given there are two theme folders...

Hope you can help

Simon

Coordinator
Jun 8, 2011 at 4:29 AM

There should not be two themes folders. The one under modules should not be there.

Jun 8, 2011 at 5:20 AM

That did it.. much appreciated.