Orchard 1.2RC ready for download

Topics: Announcements
Coordinator
Jun 7, 2011 at 8:17 PM

Hi all,

We have a new version available for you. It's not quite 1.2 officially, just what we believe could be it. We are making it available early to give you an opportunity to catch any last minute blocking issue over the next few days.

Upgrading an existing site can be done following the instructions from this page: http://orchardproject.net/docs/Upgrading-a-site-to-a-new-version-of-Orchard.ashx

The download can be found here:
http://orchardproject.net:8080/repository/download/bt9/2994:id/MsDeploy/Orchard.Web.1.2.391c0dc6b3e6.zip (web site)
http://orchardproject.net:8080/repository/download/bt9/2994:id/Source/Orchard.Source.1.2.391c0dc6b3e6.zip (source code) 

For those of you using a clone of the repository, you can sync to change set 391c0dc6b3e6 from the integration branch.

Please report any issue you find in the Issue Tracker, and don't forget to mention in your description that you are using this version.

This release is mainly about bug fixes, performance improvements, but not new features, except for editable creation dates (which we now use everywhere by the way), or debugger visualizer for shapes (only in full trust but I think that is still going to make a few people happy).

Please let us know what you think.

Bertrand on behalf of the core team

Jun 8, 2011 at 1:16 AM

Is there a list of the changes in this release anywhere?

Thanks

Sean

Coordinator
Jun 8, 2011 at 3:16 AM

There will be one for the actual release, although you can probably find out by looking at the bugs that got closed since 1.1.

Jun 8, 2011 at 8:07 AM

Good news! Thanks

Jun 8, 2011 at 3:30 PM

Dude, fantastic job to the team.  This is a MASSIVE performance increase on GoDaddy shared hosting.  It's not lightning fast, but it's at least usable now.

Jun 10, 2011 at 4:30 AM

Updated, built, and deployed to Azure...runs great and I'm definitely noticing a bit of a performance boost. Awesome!

Jun 12, 2011 at 4:25 PM

Thanks for your efforts. It seems there is something abnormal with the pager. The drop-down does not respond to clicks, and has an id and name of "undefinedSelector". I wonder whether other people are facing the same problem...

Jun 12, 2011 at 6:45 PM

I just used TortoiseHg to download change set 391c0dc6b3e6 (clean install to new directory) and built the solution with VS 2010 ultimate. I then ran the site (F5) for the first time and set it up. I went into the dashboard and when I clicked on Media (below Settings) I got:

Server Error in '/OrchardLocal' Application.

A duplicate value cannot be inserted into a unique index. [ Table name = Orchard_Media_MediaSettingsPartRecord,Constraint name = PK__Orchard_Media_MediaSettingsPartRecord__0000000000000267 ]

Description: An unhandled exception occurred during the execution of the current web request. Please review the stack trace for more information about the error and where it originated in the code.

Exception Details: System.Data.SqlServerCe.SqlCeException: A duplicate value cannot be inserted into a unique index. [ Table name = Orchard_Media_MediaSettingsPartRecord,Constraint name = PK__Orchard_Media_MediaSettingsPartRecord__0000000000000267 ]

Source Error:

Line 45: 
Line 46:                 Logger.Debug("Final work for transaction being performed");
Line 47:                 _scope.Dispose();
Line 48:                 Logger.Debug("Transaction disposed");
Line 49:             }

Source File: C:\Orchard 1.2\src\Orchard\Data\TransactionManager.cs    Line: 47

Stack Trace:

[SqlCeException (0x80004005): A duplicate value cannot be inserted into a unique index. [ Table name = Orchard_Media_MediaSettingsPartRecord,Constraint name = PK__Orchard_Media_MediaSettingsPartRecord__0000000000000267 ]]
   System.Data.SqlServerCe.SqlCeCommand.ProcessResults(Int32 hr) +50
   System.Data.SqlServerCe.SqlCeCommand.ExecuteCommandText(IntPtr& pCursor, Boolean& isBaseTableCursor) +377
   System.Data.SqlServerCe.SqlCeCommand.ExecuteCommand(CommandBehavior behavior, String method, ResultSetOptions options) +693
   System.Data.SqlServerCe.SqlCeCommand.ExecuteNonQuery() +21
   NHibernate.AdoNet.AbstractBatcher.ExecuteNonQuery(IDbCommand cmd) +297
   NHibernate.AdoNet.NonBatchingBatcher.AddToBatch(IExpectation expectation) +16
   NHibernate.Persister.Entity.AbstractEntityPersister.Insert(Object id, Object[] fields, Boolean[] notNull, Int32 j, SqlCommandInfo sql, Object obj, ISessionImplementor session) +496

[GenericADOException: could not insert: [Orchard.Media.Models.MediaSettingsPartRecord#1][SQL: INSERT INTO Orchard_Media_MediaSettingsPartRecord (UploadAllowedFileTypeWhitelist, Id) VALUES (?, ?)]]
   NHibernate.Persister.Entity.AbstractEntityPersister.Insert(Object id, Object[] fields, Boolean[] notNull, Int32 j, SqlCommandInfo sql, Object obj, ISessionImplementor session) +728
   NHibernate.Persister.Entity.AbstractEntityPersister.Insert(Object id, Object[] fields, Object obj, ISessionImplementor session) +166
   NHibernate.Action.EntityInsertAction.Execute() +180
   NHibernate.Engine.ActionQueue.Execute(IExecutable executable) +117
   NHibernate.Engine.ActionQueue.ExecuteActions(IList list) +92
   NHibernate.Engine.ActionQueue.ExecuteActions() +15
   NHibernate.Event.Default.AbstractFlushingEventListener.PerformExecutions(IEventSource session) +168
   NHibernate.Event.Default.DefaultFlushEventListener.OnFlush(FlushEvent event) +56
   NHibernate.Impl.SessionImpl.Flush() +292
   NHibernate.Transaction.DistributedTransactionContext.System.Transactions.IEnlistmentNotification.Prepare(PreparingEnlistment preparingEnlistment) +395

[TransactionAbortedException: The transaction has aborted.]
   System.Transactions.TransactionStateAborted.EndCommit(InternalTransaction tx) +11
   System.Transactions.CommittableTransaction.Commit() +239
   System.Transactions.TransactionScope.InternalDispose() +402
   System.Transactions.TransactionScope.Dispose() +1450
   Orchard.Data.TransactionManager.System.IDisposable.Dispose() in C:\Orchard 1.2\src\Orchard\Data\TransactionManager.cs:47
   Autofac.Core.Disposer.Dispose(Boolean disposing) +79
   Autofac.Util.Disposable.Dispose() +46
   Autofac.Core.Lifetime.LifetimeScope.Dispose(Boolean disposing) +21
   Autofac.Util.Disposable.Dispose() +46
   Orchard.Environment.<>c__DisplayClass2.<.ctor>b__0() in C:\Orchard 1.2\src\Orchard\Environment\WorkContextAccessor.cs:75
   Orchard.Environment.HttpContextScopeImplementation.System.IDisposable.Dispose() in C:\Orchard 1.2\src\Orchard\Environment\WorkContextAccessor.cs:80
   Orchard.Mvc.Routes.HttpAsyncHandler.EndProcessRequest(IAsyncResult result) in C:\Orchard 1.2\src\Orchard\Mvc\Routes\ShellRoute.cs:151
   System.Web.CallHandlerExecutionStep.System.Web.HttpApplication.IExecutionStep.Execute() +8862381
   System.Web.HttpApplication.ExecuteStep(IExecutionStep step, Boolean& completedSynchronously) +184

Version Information: Microsoft .NET Framework Version:4.0.30319; ASP.NET Version:4.0.30319.225

Coordinator
Jun 13, 2011 at 4:29 AM

What drop-down?

Coordinator
Jun 13, 2011 at 4:33 AM

@jonnyboats: I can't reproduce this. Can you try again, and if it still repros, provide additional steps? What recipe you used for example?

Jun 13, 2011 at 12:28 PM

@bertrandleroy: The pager's drop down. In any list in which the number of items is larger than the site's default page size (normally 10), you get a drop-down to select the page size. You can see it for example in the Contents view (if you have enough items).

Coordinator
Jun 13, 2011 at 7:54 PM

@hosamaly: right, I can't reproduce that on the latest default branch (which is what we're most likely shipping).

Jun 15, 2011 at 2:55 PM
Edited Jun 15, 2011 at 2:56 PM

@bertrandleroy: This behavior is only reproducible in Firefox (mine is 5.0 beta), but not in IE 9 or Chrome 13 (dev channel). It seems to have been introduced in changeset 5258 (1cc1fa5f85ae). The issue is still there in the latest changeset on the default branch (1.2.41). It could be a bug in Firefox (it's beta after all); I'll try to check it with a stable version.

Coordinator
Jun 15, 2011 at 6:12 PM

Did you file a bug?

Jun 16, 2011 at 2:42 PM
Edited Jun 16, 2011 at 2:42 PM

@bertrandleroy: No, not yet. I'll try to test it using a stable version of Firefox first.

Coordinator
Jun 16, 2011 at 6:45 PM

OK, thanks.

Jun 30, 2011 at 11:26 AM

I have confirmed that the issue exists in Firefox 5.0 stable. It seems other people are having the same issue with Firefox 3.6.17 and 4.0.1. A bug has been filed with number 17975.

Coordinator
Jun 30, 2011 at 6:56 PM

Thanks.