Using Feeds Aggregator

Topics: General
Jun 6, 2011 at 10:48 PM

Happy Monday!

I'm trying out the Feeds Aggregator module and I'm wondering if it's possible to use a Feedburner feed as a source for the feed? It seems to take the URL when I enter it under Feeds, but it doesn't seem to be bringing in any content from the feed itself. Have I missed something or are Feedburner feeds not supported with this module? Thanks

Jun 6, 2011 at 11:10 PM
Edited Jun 6, 2011 at 11:48 PM

Okay...I figured out that you need to check the box for the feeds you want displayed on the widget or wherever you add the content part.

Jun 6, 2011 at 11:50 PM

One more question then on this...I'm getting the feed now, but this feed contains image and hyperlinks which are getting rendered as html. Any way to get those to actually render as an image and hyperlink? Basically, can it take an HTML formatted feed or strictly text?

Jun 7, 2011 at 2:59 AM
Edited Jun 7, 2011 at 2:59 AM

Make that 2 more questions. I have 2 different feeds now being aggregated on to one Page which is what I want, however, they are ordered by feed, not by date. So all of feed 1 displays, then all of feed 2 displays instead of ordering them by date/time. Also, they are ordering by feed, then ascending by date so the oldest is on top instead of the newest. Are these things that can be changed? Am I being difficult? LOL. Thanks for the help guys.

Jun 7, 2011 at 3:03 AM

Hey psenechal,

I'm about to post an update for the module that fixes the issue with HTML. Regarding the sorting that'd be an aditional feature that today is not yet supported. Let me take a look at it. Might be possible that I can extend it to allow that.


Jun 7, 2011 at 3:20 AM

Awesome...thanks so much! I attempted doing an @Html.Encode() on the feedNewsRecord.Description field in the View since I can override the default in my Theme, but that didn't work, so I'll leave that up to your expertise =)

I was trying to figure out the sorting and mixing of feeds by looking at the code in the Service...if I come up with anything before you, I'll send you a note on what I did. Thanks again! 

Jun 7, 2011 at 3:38 AM

Just uploaded a new version (1.2) that should fix the first problem.

Jun 7, 2011 at 4:51 AM

The HTML part works perfectly! Thanks.

Jun 7, 2011 at 3:45 PM
Edited Jun 7, 2011 at 3:57 PM

The feed I'm using is actually ordered descending by date, so I'm guessing the module is reading in the entire feed and then adding each node to the ViewModel, but doing so in ascending date order. The only thing I can think of is sorting the XmlDocument prior to the foreach that adds each node to the ViewModel...that way when you add "x" nodes, you get the newest "x" nodes. The only way I can think to do the other issue, (mixing different feeds and ordering by date), would be to sort the ViewModel after it's been created...if that's even possible. Just throwing out ideas...not sure if that helps at all.

Found some info on sorting an XML feed here: