Issue with Orchard.exe

Topics: Administration
Jun 6, 2011 at 9:02 PM

All of a sudden I'm getting the following strange error when trying to run the Orchard.exe command line:

c:\inetpub\wwwroot\Orchard\Modules\Orchard.Packaging\Services\FileBaseProjectSystem.cs(33): error CS0246: The type or namespace name 'FrameworkName' could not be found (are you missing a using directive or an assembly reference?)

Exception Details: System.Web.HttpCompileException: c:\inetpub\wwwroot\Orchard\Modules\Orchard.Packaging\Services\FileBaseProjectSystem.cs(33): error CS0246: The type or namespace name 'FrameworkName' could not be found (are you missing a using directive or an assembly reference?)

I'm using a folder deploy of Orchard and set full permissions. Any ideas?

Jun 6, 2011 at 9:04 PM

Nevermind. I went in and reset the app pool to Orchard and it resolved it. Very strange.

Coordinator
Jun 6, 2011 at 11:32 PM
Edited Jun 6, 2011 at 11:33 PM

Hi Jason,

I was watching your demo yesterday and saw you run into the issue. This issue is the last bug (as of now) we have for the 1.2 release. I am investigating. The current workaround is to change the root (i.e. Orchard.web) web.config file and remove the follwoing entry:

        <remove assembly="System, Version=4.0.0.0, Culture=neutral, PublicKeyToken=b77a5c561934e089" />

The issue should have nothing to do with resetting the apppoll or file permission. It's probably just a coincidence that doing these things solved the problem for you.

If you run into the issue again, would you mind confirming that changing the web.config file as above solved your issue?

I am investigating a "real" fix in the meantime, although it looks like this might be an issue in ASP.NET. As an FYI, it looks that the underlying issue is that the asp.net build manager sometime decides to load "System.dll" from .net v2 instead of .net 4. I still haven't figure out why this would happen.

Thanks,

Renaud

Coordinator
Jun 6, 2011 at 11:37 PM

Link to the bug: http://orchard.codeplex.com/workitem/17728

Jun 7, 2011 at 12:27 AM

Can I blog a post about this and ask anybody that’s running into this to contact me directly? This way I can help you have control over if this issue is resolved by that or not?

Thanks,

Jason

From: rpaquay [email removed]
Sent: Monday, June 06, 2011 7:32 PM
To: Jason Gaylord
Subject: Re: Issue with Orchard.exe [orchard:260396]

From: rpaquay

Hi Jason,

I was watching your demo yesterday and saw you run into the issue. This issue is the last bug (as of now) we have for the 1.2 release. I am investigating. The current workaround is to change the root (i.e. Orchard.web) web.config file and remove the follwoing entry:

<remove assembly="System, Version=4.0.0.0, Culture=neutral, PublicKeyToken=b77a5c561934e089" />

The issue should have nothing to do with resetting the apppoll or file permission. It's probably just a coincidence that doing these things solved the problem for you.

If you run into the issue again, would you mind confirming that changing the web.config file as above solved your issue?

(I am investigating a "real" fix in the meantime, although it looks like this might be an issue in ASP.NET)

Thanks,

Renaud

Coordinator
Jun 7, 2011 at 1:41 AM

Sure. I think pointing to this thread might also help.

Jun 7, 2011 at 3:30 AM

Great. I'll start with the following but use it to help determine if removing that assembly does resolve this issue:

http://jasongaylord.com/blog/orchard-cms-command-line-exception

Jun 9, 2011 at 7:02 PM

So far, one other has contacted me and this solution has resolved it. I'll keep you posted.

Jun 14, 2011 at 6:15 PM

Had the same issue... I did not have messaging installed though as the bug had identified. Commented out that line in web.config and everything is fine again. 

Nov 25, 2011 at 10:55 PM

I had the same issue. The fix described solved the problem.